My inaugural blog post! Before I get into this post, I thought I would give a quick introduction of myself, and how I found myself aboard Teddy this summer. My name is Wriley Hodge, I recently graduated from my undergraduate where I studied seabird through the lenses of biology and visual arts. After I graduated, I received a fellowship from the Thomas J Watson Foundation to follow the migratory pathways of high latitude seabirds nesting in the Atlantic Ocean while trying to understand the interface of humans, seabirds, and islands. As part of this fellowship, I had traveled to Grímsey Island, a small island that crosses into the Arctic Circle off the north of Iceland, in order to look at the puffin harvesting that still continue there today, and this is where I met Nick and Frank, and hopped aboard Teddy! Sailing aboard Teddy has given me a new perspective on the birds that I am studying and following — whereas before, I had been looking at these birds from the perspective of hum...
Comments
Post a Comment